Being a self-employed single mum is hard enough; so what do you do when you are chosen to be the contestant in a blood sport for the entertainment of a group of alien races you didn’t know existed?
For Dr Danni Cromwell it was as if she was living in a world she had created; sci-fi author and single mum Danni must join forces with a man she does not know to fight a villain she could not makeup; and all with her five year old son and a temper-tantrum prone alien in toe. Can they win?
Louisa is an amazing person and a very Talented writer , I am very honored today to be doing this blog for such a wonderful person. Louisa has been promoting me and others on her face book for a long time now , She is always there with great advice and support.So Now is my time to return the kindness to this amazing woman. Louisa has been working on this novel for a very long time and is now ready to be releasing her novel dying to help on 18th of June 2014.
It is always a pleasure to talk to Lousia, but it was even more fantastic to do the interview and find out much more about her and the writing process of dying to help.
1) Please tell me a little bit about yourself? Well where to start? I am a indie author and wife, with a great balance between work and life. I am very fortunate to have a hubby who understands my love for being a self employed author and supports me completely in my endeavour. Together we have our boy Claude (staffi dog) who is the sweetest thing. Its a quiet life but its a lovely one.
2) How old were you when you first started writing? I was nine when I started writing, I was writing sentences to improve my handwriting when I realized I had written a paragraph of a short story. Strange thing is at that time I wasn’t all that interested in writing but once I had done that something clicked into place and that was it.
3) Which genre do you love to read? I love some science fiction like Matthew Riley’s Contest, some crime thrillers such as Tess Gerritsens Rizzoli and Isles series and some romance such as Finoa Gibsons Pedigree Mum oh and I’m currently reading Lust Or Love by Hayley Barlow and Good Omens by Terry Pratchett.
4) When was your novel published? My latest book Dying To Help; The Beginning Of The End will be out 18th June 2014.
5) How do you feel having your novel published and out for sale? It is an incredible feeling of achievement to know that what you have worked for is coming together and the gratitude I feel for everyone who has supported me, by either helping with the cover, editing etc or just being there. I will never be able to say thank you!
6) Who are your favorite characters in your book? Why? My favorite Characters? Oh that is so hard I have got to love them all! I guess you could Danni and The Guide, Danni because she is a strong independent mother who can and will do anything to protect her child and The Guide because he is that bit in all of us that despite wanting nothing more than to give up carry’s on.
7) Where do you get your inspiration for your books? You know its been that long I can’t remember what inspired me to write Dying To Help. All I truly know is that it was a story I needed to tell. So over the years I’ve worked on it and now I’m beginning to tell the second part.
8) What do you do when you get writer’s block? Scream, shout, cry? No I do something else for a bit and hope by the time I go back to it the writers block would have faded.
9) What advice could you give someone who aspired to be a writer? I always say never give up, never let anyone tell you that you aren’t good enough. Just keep trying and you will get there.
10) What interested you to start doing blogs? It is another platform to reach people.
11) What do you mainly blog about? My progress in writing, updates and about other authors.
12) Please tell me 3 things that are not commonly known about yourself?
I am a very stubborn person
I am actually very shy
And I have a couple of disabilities.
Were to Find Louisa